High Purity Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder CAS 7704-98-5, 99%
Titanium hydride also known as dihydride of titanium has the chemical formula, H2Ti. Water is not soluble. The powder has a similar appearance to metal, a grayish-black. Purity: 99%
Particle Size : 5-10um
Titanium Hydride (TiH2) Powder
Titanium Hydride refers to TiH2 inorganic compound and related nonstoichiometric material. The powder can be bought on the market and used in the production Alnico magnets, metal foams, titanium metals powders and pyrotechnics.
Titanium dihydride has a grayish powdery appearance. There are two types of transition temperatures at 37 degrees. The low-temperature state is a face centered tetragonal crystalline system with lattice coefficients a = 0,4528 nm, and c = 0,4279 nm. A tetragonal crystalline system with a constant of 0.4454 is found at >37 degrees. At 20 degrees, the density is 3.9lg/cm3.
TiH1.8-TiH1.99. Titanium dihydride, a solid solution that is stable with water and nonoxidizing acids, can be found. It is only oxidized into a tetravalent Titanium compound when there is an oxidizing acid present. Titanium hydride has a high brittleness, which is why it is often used to make titanium powder. Titanium hydroide is a hydrogen-rich source that decomposes on heating. In the conversion, titanium hydride for welding is used because, when heated, it decomposes, releasing new hydrogen, and molten Titanium, which promotes welding.
The stability of Titanium Hydride slowly decomposes between 400600 and is completely dehydrogenated between 600800 when in vacuum. It is chemically stable, doesn't react with air or water but does with strong oxidants. It won't decompose when used and stored as specified.
Titanium Hydride must be protected from contact with water, halogens (including halogenated Hydrocarbons), acids and oxides. Avoid contact with water. Stable when in the air. Titanium Hydride is not harmful to water. Do not release the material without permission from the government. If you want to purchase Titanium Hydride (TiH2) Powder in bulk, please send us an inquiry.
Titanium Hydride Powder CAS 770498-5 Features and Benefits:
The titanium hydride, TiH2, is stable in the air and can be used as a precursor to H2 or titanium.
hydroxide. The reaction of H2 with the titanium metal can produce Titanium Hydride. Above 300 degC the
The metal titanium is able to reversibly absorb the H2 and forms a final compound TiH2. If heated to above
1000degC, titanium hydride will be fully decomposed into titanium and H2.
Technical Parameter of Titanium Hydride TiH2 powder:
Chemical Composition of Titanium Hydride TiH2 powder:
Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder
Methods of producing titanium hydride include electrochemistry and ball milling.
1. Titanium carbonate reacts directly with hydrogen or reduces titanium dioxide with calcium hydride in sulfuric acid.
2. Put the sponge-like or powder-like Ti in the glass tube, and use the gas phase to remove the air in the tube. The metal is heated at 350~400degC in a pure gas stream, and the excess gas phase is passed into it and it will be cooled in the air stream.
Note: It is necessary to use very dry and oxygen-free sulfate for fluorination. Because O2 and water vapor are both effectively combined with Ti, they can be converted into titanium oxide.
The titanium hydride prepared by this method is consistent with the chemical formula of TiH0.5~TiH1.5. Compared with Ti, TiH2 has a grayer color and is not stable. It is almost completely decomposed when heated to 800~1000degC. Therefore, in fact, TiH2 cannot exist alone. The solid solution composed of TiH1.8~TiH1.99 is usually recognized as TiH2.
Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder
Titanium hydride (TiH2) is a compound of titanium and hydrogen hydride. It has high reactivity and needs to be kept away from heat sources and strong oxidants. The application of titanium hydride is also very extensive.
1. Titanium hydride is very brittle, so this feature is often used to prepare powdered titanium.
2. Titanium hydride decomposes when heated and is a pure hydrogen source.
3. In addition, titanium hydride can also be used for welding, because it decomposes when the welding zone is heated and precipitates new hydrogen and molten titanium. The latter can promote welding and increase the strength of the weld.
4. Titanium hydride powder can be widely used in fireworks, aerospace, medicine, petroleum, petrochemical, Soda ash, fertilizer, metallurgy, navigation, nuclear power, etc.
5. Titanium hydride is used to prepare titanium compounds, as a catalyst, as a source of pure H2, forming ceramic and glass seals.
6. Titanium hydride is used to make titanium coating.
7. Titanium hydride is used as a getter in the electric vacuum process. It can be used as a hydrogen source to replace high-purity hydrogen in the production of foamed metal or to supply titanium to alloy powder in metal-ceramic sealing and powder metallurgy.
8. Titanium dihydride is used as a catalyst for polymerization reactions.
Storage Condition of Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder:
Damp reunion will affect TiH2 powder dispersion performance and using effects, therefore, Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder should be sealed in vacuum packing and stored in cool and dry room, the Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder can not be exposure to air. In addition, the TiH2 powder should be avoided under stress.
Packing & Shipping of Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder:
We have many different kinds of packing which depends on the Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder quantity.
Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder packing:vacuum packing, 100g, 500g or 1kg/bag, 25kg/barrel, or as your request.
Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder shipping:could be shipped out by sea , by air, by express?as soon as possible once payment receipt.
Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder Properties
| Other Names
|titanium dihydride (hydrogen deficient)
| CAS No.
| Compound Formula
| Molecular Weight
|gray to black powder (commercial form)
| Melting Point
| Solubility in water
| Particle Size
| Poisson's Ratio
| Specific Heat
| Thermal Conductivity
| Thermal Expansion
| Young's Modulus
| Exact Mass
| Monoisotopic Mass
Titanium Hydride TiH2 Powder Health & Safety Information
| Safety Warning
| Hazard Statements
| Hazard Codes
| Risk Codes
| Safety Statements
| RTECS Number
| Transport Information
|UN 1871 4.1/PG 2
| WGK Germany